Educators of all kinds will find something useful in this guide by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
The guide contains some fresh suggestions for teachers working within this inclusive, LRE framework:
• give shorter, more frequent exams, or consider alternative assessment methods;
• offer multiple ways for students to interact with and respond to curricula and materials;
• offer assignments where students choose method of learning or demonstrating knowledge;
• consider the furniture arrangement in environments. Specific seating arrangements; individualized desks and chairs; adaptive equipment;
• consider whether you can make adjustments to sensory input (e.g., light, sound) Provide low-tech” learning aids: sticky notes, highlighter pens, calculators, digital clocks, tape recorders, and book bags to keep track of personal belongings; and
• teaching methods to try out: giving immediate feedback, clarifying instructions, asking for questions, repeating or giving additional examples.
The guide is a PDF, ready to download and print. Download it here.